You must choose the correct level of survey report for your property. Choosing the wrong report will not give you the answers you need and will result in you having to spend more money to get the answers.
Many consumers come to us for a level three survey after receiving their level 2 survey results. The level 2 survey standard only permits the surveyor to only go into so much detail. It is therefore essential that you choose the correct survey at the outset to avoid wasting time and money. You can check out our flow chart to help you choose the right survey
The instruction process is simple. Get an instant quote using our quote calculator on the home page of our website. To access the quote calculator now, just click here.
Fill out all the fields in the calculator, and we will send you a quote immediately. If you do not receive your quote within 5 minutes, check your junk folder or call us on 02036910451.
If you are happy with the quote, click on the “Buy Now” button, complete the instruction form and on the last page, click confirm and pay.
Once you have paid, your instruction form will be sent directly to us, and your agent will be immediately notified of your instruction so they know to expect a call from us. We will coordinate and keep you informed throughout the whole process. All you need to do is confirm, pay and relax.
We endeavour to be as thorough as possible, listing all major defects and calculating costs so that you can make an informed decision. Depending on the service you have chosen, the size of the property and the number of defects found, your report could be returned anything between 7 and 14 working days subject to the size and condition of the property; buildings with a floor area above 1650 sq ft will take longer.
Once we have received your instruction, we will make all arrangement to access the property. Once access has been confirmed, we will inform you via email to let you know the survey’s date and time. Your report will be returned within the time frames agreed based on your survey package, which could be up to ten working days, subject to size and condition.
No, we are a sustainable paperless practice. All of our reports are in electronic format.
If a request is made before a survey appointment has been arranged, and before the surveyor has attended the Property, we will issue a full refund.
Once a survey appointment has been arranged with your agent/vendor, we will charge and deduct from any refund due to an administration fee of £99 to cover the cost of coordinating your survey with your agent/vendor. Once the surveyor has attended the Property, no refund will be given.
No. We are not affiliated with any Lender or Estate agent. We are an independent RICS regulated practice and act solely for you and in your interest.
We are bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR. We will never sell, lease, or share your data, such as email addresses, telephone numbers, and transaction particulars, with any third party.
We recommend a Full Building Survey when buying any leasehold/shared ownership house or flat. As a leaseholder, you are liable to pay towards repairing and maintaining the common parts. Although the Freeholder has a duty to repair and maintain the structure under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, you as a leaseholder will have to pay a share of the costs.
As part of our full building survey, we will inspect all accessible common parts and report on the condition of the components. You will then be aware of any imminent section 20 notices.
We inspect the loft areas, so long as the hatch is within 3 metres. Our surveyors carry telescopic ladders to access these areas. When surveying loft spaces, we check the structural timbers for significant timber defects and alterations, adequate ventilation and waterproofing. We also check for hazardous substances such as asbestos insulation and check any building services such as tanks and wiring. In some circumstances, we may not walk around in the loft space if it is deemed unsafe due to weak or slender ceiling joists or excessive insulation placed over ceiling joists.
There are various factors to consider if you wish to convert the loft on your property, such as the size of the roof area. These include, but are not limited to, the pitch, height and existing floor area of the property and any existing extension. The layout of the below parts will also have a bearing on the feasibility of a loft conversion. As part of our level three survey, our surveyors will check the roof structure, the design of the below parts to determine whether you may convert the loft space.
Yes, we undertake homebuyer level 2 survey reports. However, if the building has been altered in any way, such as internal alterations, loft conversions or extensions, we can only perform a level 3 survey in accordance with the RICS Home Survey Standard. For further information check out our helpful flow chart Which Survey
Yes, we undertake a visual lay inspection of the electrical installation as part of our full building survey, full building survey plus and the new build snag report. Our surveyors will report on the condition and conformity with the current regulations, complete with any recommendations for remedial action.
Yes, we undertake a visual inspection and lay check of the boiler installation as part of our Condition Report, Homebuyer Survey, RICS Building Survey and the RICS BUILDING SURVEY+. Our surveyors will report on the condition and conformity with the current regulations, complete with any recommendations for remedial action.
It is not possible to inspect underpinning as it is located underground in the soil, but we can look at drawings of its location (if available), and we will check the building to see if the underpinning has been effective. We also check various risk factors which could contribute to structural movement.
We serve the following areas:
- Surveyors in Barking and Dagenham London Borough
- Surveyors in Barnet London Borough
- Surveyors in Basingstoke and Deane Borough
- Surveyors in Bexley London Borough
- Surveyors in Brent London Borough
- Surveyors in Bromley London Borough
- Surveyors in Camden London Borough
- Surveyors in Croydon London Borough
- Surveyors in Dartford Borough
- Surveyors in Ealing London Borough
- Surveyors in East Hampshire District
- Surveyors in Eastleigh Borough
- Surveyors in Elmbridge Borough
- Surveyors in Enfield London Borough
- Surveyors in Epsom and Ewell Borough
- Surveyors in Fareham Borough
- Surveyors in Gravesham Borough
- Surveyors in Greenwich London Borough
- Surveyors in Guildford Borough
- Surveyors in Hackney London Borough
- Surveyors in Hammersmith and Fulham London Borough
- Surveyors in Haringey London Borough
- Surveyors in Havering London Borough
- Surveyors in Hillingdon London Borough
- Surveyors in Hounslow London Borough
- Surveyors in Islington London Borough
- Surveyors in Kensington and Chelsea London Borough
- Surveyors in Kingston upon Thames London Borough
- Surveyors in Lambeth London Borough
- Surveyors in Lewisham London Borough
- Surveyors in Maidstone Borough
- Surveyors in Medway
- Surveyors in Merton London Borough
- Surveyors in Newham London Borough
- Surveyors in Redbridge London Borough
- Surveyors in Reigate and Banstead Borough
- Surveyors in Richmond upon Thames London Borough
- Surveyors in Runnymede Borough
- Surveyors in Sevenoaks District
- Surveyors in Shepway District
- Surveyors in Southwark London Borough
- Surveyors in Spelthorne Borough
- Surveyors in Surrey Heath Borough
- Surveyors in Sutton London Borough
- Surveyors in Tonbridge and Malling Borough
- Surveyors in Tower Hamlets London Borough
- Surveyors in Tunbridge Wells Borough
- Surveyors in Waltham Forest London Borough
- Surveyors in Wandsworth London Borough
- Surveyors in Westminster City
We do not provide project management services at this time.
We do not provide a same-day service for a final draft of a survey report but will provide a same-day summary for Level 3 surveys. Delivering a final report on the same day would be a breach of the RICS Regulations. Surveyors must compile reports to a high standard and must use sufficient time for reflection. Our advice is to never purchase any report promising same-day delivery.
What type of survey do you need?
We have a variety of survey types suitable for both houses and flats. Check out our range below: