The sample building survey gives an example of the general layout of the level 3+ survey. Get the level 3+ and get a reinstatement valuation, summary of repair costs, and aerial images.
*The sample report will be automatically downloaded onto your device.
BUILDING SURVEY + (level 3+)
Whether your property is old or new, choosing our Building Survey provides the most in-depth inspection, ensuring your investment is justified.
Is a Building Survey right for me?
You’re making the biggest purchase in your life. Knowing exactly what you’re buying avoids expensive surprises.
We often suggest this for older homes because they usually have more issues to fix. But, even newer houses can have problems. Thankfully, this report gives plenty of guidance.
Also, if you’re thinking about changing or adding to your home, a Building Survey is a great choice. Like, if you want to change the attic, we check its structure for you.
You’ll understand exactly what you’re buying.
What will the report give me?
Working to strict RICS standards, we carry out desk research plus a detailed visual inspection of every accessible area. We also suggest potential hidden defects in areas that might not be fully inspected (such as certain types of underground drainage systems).
- We suggest the most likely cause for each defect found
- We detail how to put it right, and explain what could happen if you don’t
- We recommend where you can find suitable tradespeople to do the work
Your report will be incredibly detailed and include plenty of photos. And yet, it’ll be easy to understand, written in plain English. We rate defects and make recommendations with our user-friendly traffic light system, so your priorities are clear to see.
Many people reference their Building Survey report for years after moving in. It tells you exactly what to focus on to improve your home.
Working to get you answers swiftly, we arrange a property visit once you instruct us. You’ll receive an email summary of that inspection within 48 hours too. And you can always contact your surveyor directly. There’s no need to be worried about unanswered questions.
Your survey will include:
- A full inspection of the building (lofts, basements and permanent outbuildings included), giving advice on materials use, repairs, and maintenance
- Inspection of the gas, electrical, solar, plumbing and drainage
- Fixtures and fittings (kitchens, doors, windows, etc.)
- Building control compliance check and commentary for all structural alterations
- Extension feasibility check and guidance
- Dampness and timber decay check (woodworm and rot)
- Hazardous materials comment (Asbestos, lead anthrax etc.)
- Subsidence risk check
- Flood risk check
- Environmental factors
- Extension guidance (loft conversions and rear extensions)
- A full report detailing all repairs and remedial action in electronic format
- Breakdown of estimated costs and recommended trades·
- Aerial drone images for a closer look at roofs, and the surrounding area
- Building Reinstatement Cost.
You can also upgrade your standard Building Survey with some (or all) of our Add-ons
- Aerial drone photos to investigate the roof condition fully
- Cost estimations of remedial work to support negotiations
- Rebuild valuation for insurance purposes
What will my Building Survey look like?
All our reports are easy to read. No complicated surveyor language, just English you’ll understand. And to further support you, we’re happy to arrange a follow-up phone chat.
How long will my Building Survey take?
With the most comprehensive survey available, we take more time for our property inspection and creating your report. Expect to receive your Building Survey report within 10-14 working days.
We’ll also email you within 48 hours of our inspection to ensure you have a summary of the findings to hand. We know having the facts is important at such a stressful time.
What will a Building Survey (level 3) cost?
Building Survey reports start at £750 (including VAT) depending on the property’s value, structure, and configuration.
Simply complete our form below, and we’ll give you an instant quote based on the building you’d like us to survey.
Which areas do you cover?
We provide our comprehensive building surveying services across a wide region, encompassing Greater London, Kent, and Surrey. Whether you’re located in the heart of London, the beautiful landscapes of Kent, or the scenic beauty of Surrey, our team is ready to assist you with all your surveying needs.
Typical Survey Photographs
GET EVEN MORE WITH OUR PLUS PACKAGE:
SOLAR PANELS: IS IT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL ON MY HOME?
If you want to install solar panels on your home in the UK, there are several factors you should consider:
The best windows for Period Property: Double Glazing Benefits Explained
Double-glazed sash windows are an excellent option for period properties, as they offer many benefits over traditional single-glazed sash windows. Here are some of the main benefits of...
6 ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR NAVIGATING LEASEHOLD PROPERTY PURCHASES
Buying a leasehold property is different from buying a freehold property. When buying a leasehold property, it is important to consider the following things:
GUIDE TO BUYING A LISTED BUILDING: EXPERT TIPS FROM FLETTONS
Buying a listed building can be an exciting and unique experience, but it is important to be aware of the following things before making a purchase: