BUILDING SURVEYORS IN GREENWICH
Venturing into property investment in Greenwich? Entrust Flettons Surveyors for exhaustive building surveys and homebuyer reports. We pledge to arm you with the acumen required to make a decisive choice in this dynamic borough, ensuring your tranquillity remains undisturbed.
At Flettons, we take the reins, ensuring your potential residence undergoes rigorous evaluation, sidelining future unforeseen issues. To commission a building survey that prioritizes your well-being, obtain an instant quote through our digital calculator or connect with us directly at
0203 691 0451
If you’re thinking about the purchase of a property in Greenwich, London, taking informed steps is paramount. At Flettons Surveyors, we bring forth our proficiency and profound understanding of the locale to help you discern the true state of your new property. Here’s a deep dive into why a building survey in Greenwich stands pivotal:
BUILDING SURVEYORS IN GREENWICH WITH LOCAL EXPERIENCE
Greenwich is a place full of history and different types of buildings, from new homes to old ones. We’ve worked in Greenwich for a long time and know a lot about the buildings here. Whether it’s an old house, a modern flat, or a special listed building, we can give you good advice because we know the area well.
We check properties carefully for things like subsidence (when the ground sinks), rot, and dampness. Finding these problems early can save you a lot of money in repairs later on.
For example, we recently helped someone who was buying an old converted building. Our checks found some structural problems, damp areas, woodworm, and changes that weren’t allowed. If we hadn’t spotted these, the buyer could have faced legal issues and extra costs.
We also look at the safety of things like electrical wires inside the house. We make sure they’re safe and up-to-date.
Having good information helps you make better decisions. When you understand the condition of a property, you can talk about its price better, thinking about any repair costs. This can save you money and give you peace of mind.
Surveyors with Local Expertise in Greenwich Conservation Areas
Greenwich boasts several esteemed conservation areas. These encompass:
- West Greenwich
- East Greenwich Riverside
- Greenwich Park and Town Centre
- Maritime Greenwich
- Ashburnham Triangle
Our familiarity with these conservation pockets ensures we’re well-versed in the nuances and mandates linked with these historic and protected domains.
Understanding Properties in Greenwich
Greenwich, a historic and culturally rich area in London, boasts a diverse array of properties. From elegant Victorian and Georgian terraces to contemporary apartments, Greenwich offers a variety of residential options. Each type of property, however, may present its unique challenges, making the role of professional surveyors in Greenwich extremely important.
Typical Properties in Greenwich
- Victorian and Georgian Terraces: These period properties are rich in history and character but might face age-related issues.
- Modern Apartments and Flats: The newer developments in Greenwich come equipped with modern conveniences but may encounter specific challenges such as disputes over service charges.
- Riverfront Properties: Greenwich, known for its Thames River frontage, includes properties with unique river views but may have specific considerations due to their location.
Common Issues in Greenwich Properties
- Structural Concerns: Particularly in older buildings, issues such as subsidence, cracks in walls, or decay in timber are not uncommon.
- Damp and Mould: The UK’s climate can contribute to issues with dampness, leading to mould and impacting air quality inside homes.
- Roofing Issues: Aging or poorly maintained roofs in terraced homes can often lead to water ingress and subsequent damage.
- Outdated Electrical and Plumbing Systems: Many older properties in Greenwich may require the modernisation of their electrical and plumbing systems.
How Surveyors in Greenwich Can Help
Our team of experienced surveyors in Greenwich can offer essential assistance to potential homebuyers:
- Comprehensive Property Surveys: We conduct thorough surveys to pinpoint potential problems, from structural issues to minor imperfections.
- Level 2 Surveys: Ideal for more modern properties, focusing on common concerns.
- Level 3 Surveys: More detailed; these are particularly useful for older, larger, or uniquely built properties in Greenwich.
- Professional Recommendations: Our surveyors provide expert advice on:
- Required repairs and ongoing maintenance.
- Estimated costs for potential renovations.
- Confidence in Your Decision: Understanding the true condition of the property enables you to make an informed purchase, negotiate effectively, and prepare for any future maintenance needs.
Making an Informed Decision in Greenwich
Selecting the right property in Greenwich necessitates thoughtful consideration. With the support of our skilled surveyors in Greenwich, you can gain the crucial insights and information needed to ensure your investment is both wise and well-suited to your requirements. Rely on our expertise to confidently navigate Greenwich’s unique property landscape.
WHICH SURVEY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
(*If the internal floor area of the dwellinghouse exceeds 1650 sq Ft, please call for a quote.)
|Inspection of residential buildings up to 1650 Sqft||ROOF ONLY|
|Fixtures and fittings|
|Dampness and timber defects check (Check for damp and rot)|
|Inspection of the building services (Gas, Electrics, solar, plumbing)|
|Inspection of outbuildings and grounds|
|Environmental factors and risks (Nuisance etc.)|
|Health and Safety hazards and risks.|
|Photographs taken during survey|
|Inspection of the accessible drainage chambers)|
|Assessment of structural cracks and alterations|
|Building control compliance check and comments|
|Flood risk assessment|
|Hazardous materials - Visual Inspection and guidance only. (Asbestos, lead Anthrax etc.)|
|Subsidence risk assessment|
|Planning, Conservation, and Extension Feasibility Guidance|
|Aerial roof and chimney images||£200 inc VAT|
|Breakdown of estimated repair costs, improvement costs and provisional costs with recommended trades.||£300 inc VAT|
|Insurance reinstatement Valuation (Rebuild Cost)||£200 inc VAT|
|Email summary of findings within 48 hrs.|
|RICS Survey in electronic format|
|Estimated Turnaround Time||7-10 Working Days||7-10 Working Days||10-12 Working Days||10-14 Working Days|