BUILDING SURVEYORS IN LEWISHAM
Building Surveyors in LEWISHAM
Venturing into property investment in Lewisham? Entrust Flettons Surveyors for exhaustive building surveys and homebuyer reports. We pledge to arm you with the acumen required to make a decisive choice in this dynamic borough, ensuring your tranquillity remains undisturbed.
At Flettons, we take the reins, ensuring your potential residence undergoes rigorous evaluation, sidelining future unforeseen issues. To commission a building survey that prioritizes your well-being, obtain an instant quote through our digital calculator or connect with us directly at
0203 691 0451
If you’re thinking about the purchase of a property in Lewisham, London, taking informed steps is paramount. At Flettons Surveyors, we bring forth our proficiency and profound understanding of the locale to help you discern the true state of your new property. Here’s a deep dive into why a building survey in Lewisham stands pivotal:
BUILDING SURVEYORS IN LEWISHAM WITH LOCAL EXPERIENCE
Lewisham is filled with a rich history and a mix of new and old buildings. We’ve been working in Lewisham for quite some time, so we know the ins and outs of its structures. From vintage homes and modern apartments to special listed buildings, our familiarity with Lewisham enables us to offer valuable insights.
One of our main tasks is to inspect properties for issues such as subsidence, which is when the ground starts to sink. We also keep an eye out for rot and dampness. Catching these problems early can prevent costly repairs down the line.
Throughout our time here, we’ve assisted many clients. They’ve looked into purchasing everything from historic houses and converted flats to newly built residences. During our inspections, we’ve detected structural concerns, damp patches, woodworm, and even unauthorized alterations. Without our keen observations, buyers could have stumbled into legal hassles and unexpected expenses.
Besides the structure, we also check the inside. For instance, we assess the electrical wiring to ensure everything’s safe and current. After all, having the right information at hand is crucial. When you’re equipped with knowledge about a property’s state, it’s easier to negotiate its price, especially considering potential repair expenses. This not only potentially saves you money but also brings peace of mind.
Surveyors with Local Expertise in Lewisham Conservation Areas
Lewisham boasts several esteemed conservation areas. These encompass:
- Brockley Conservation Area: Established in 1973, this area boasts a mix of spacious villas and more modest terraced homes, many from the Victorian era.
- Blackheath Conservation Area: A historically rich area with many buildings of architectural note. It has broad vistas that contrast with the dense urban nature of much of London.
- Telegraph Hill Conservation Area: Located in the north of the borough, it offers commanding views over London and has many period properties.
- Ladywell Conservation Area: This area contains a variety of architectural styles and has a rich history, with many buildings dating back to the 19th century.
- Lee Manor Conservation Area: Located around Lee High Road and Manor Lane, it includes a range of 18th, 19th, and early 20th-century buildings of historical and architectural significance.
Our familiarity with these conservation pockets ensures we’re well-versed in the nuances and mandates linked with these historic and protected domains.
Understanding Properties in Lewisham
Lewisham, a dynamic and diverse borough in London, boasts a varied array of properties. From classic Victorian and Georgian terraces to contemporary apartments, Lewisham offers a wide selection of housing choices. Each type of property, however, may present its own set of potential challenges, making the role of professional surveyors in Lewisham indispensable.
Typical Properties in Lewisham
- Victorian and Georgian Terraces: These historic buildings are full of character but might also present age-related issues.
- Modern Apartments and Flats: The more recent developments in Lewisham offer modern conveniences but could have unique challenges, such as disputes over service charges.
- Converted Industrial Spaces: Characteristic of areas like Lewisham, these conversions provide a unique living environment but might come with atypical layouts and structural peculiarities.
Common Issues in Lewisham Properties
- Structural Concerns: Particularly in older structures, issues such as subsidence, wall cracks, or timber rot are not uncommon.
- Damp and Mould: Due to the UK climate, dampness is a prevalent issue, potentially leading to mould and impacting indoor air quality.
- Roofing Problems: Many terraced homes may suffer from ageing or inadequately maintained roofs, causing leaks and water damage.
- Electrical and Plumbing Systems: In older properties, there may be a need to update outdated electrical and plumbing systems.
How Surveyors in Lewisham Can Help
Our team of expert surveyors in Lewisham offers essential support to prospective homebuyers:
- Comprehensive Property Surveys: We conduct thorough surveys to detect any potential issues, ranging from major structural faults to smaller defects.
- Level 2 Surveys: Ideal for newer properties, focusing on common issues.
- Level 3 Surveys: More comprehensive, suitable for older, larger, or properties with unique structures in Lewisham.
- Professional Advice: Our surveyors provide expert advice on:
- Essential repairs or ongoing maintenance.
- Estimations of potential renovation costs and their implications.
- Confidence in Your Decision: Gaining a clear understanding of a property’s condition allows you to make an informed choice, negotiate effectively, and plan for future upkeep.
Making an Informed Decision in Lewisham
Selecting the right property in Lewisham requires thoughtful deliberation. Our skilled surveyors in Lewisham are here to offer the insights and detailed information you need to make a knowledgeable decision. Rely on our expertise to help you navigate Lewisham’s unique property landscape with assurance, ensuring that your investment is both wise and well-suited to your requirements.
WHICH SURVEY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
(*If the internal floor area of the dwellinghouse exceeds 1650 sq Ft, please call for a quote.)
|Inspection of residential buildings up to 1650 Sqft||ROOF ONLY|
|Fixtures and fittings|
|Dampness and timber defects check (Check for damp and rot)|
|Inspection of the building services (Gas, Electrics, solar, plumbing)|
|Inspection of outbuildings and grounds|
|Environmental factors and risks (Nuisance etc.)|
|Health and Safety hazards and risks.|
|Photographs taken during survey|
|Inspection of the accessible drainage chambers)|
|Assessment of structural cracks and alterations|
|Building control compliance check and comments|
|Flood risk assessment|
|Hazardous materials - Visual Inspection and guidance only. (Asbestos, lead Anthrax etc.)|
|Subsidence risk assessment|
|Planning, Conservation, and Extension Feasibility Guidance|
|Aerial roof and chimney images||£200 inc VAT|
|Breakdown of estimated repair costs, improvement costs and provisional costs with recommended trades.||£300 inc VAT|
|Insurance reinstatement Valuation (Rebuild Cost)||£200 inc VAT|
|Email summary of findings within 48 hrs.|
|RICS Survey in electronic format|
|Estimated Turnaround Time||7-10 Working Days||7-10 Working Days||10-12 Working Days||10-14 Working Days|